" And so seated next to my father in the train compartment, I suddenly asked, "Father, what is sexsin?" He turned to look at me, as he always did when answering a question, but to my surprise he said nothing. At last he stood up, lifted his traveling case off the floor and set it on the floor. Will you carry it off the train, Corrie?" he said. I stood up and tugged at it. It was crammed with the watches and spare parts he had purchased that morning. It's too heavy," I said. Yes," he said, "and it would be a pretty poor father who would ask his little girl to carry such a load. It's the same way, Corrie, with knowledge. Some knowledge is too heavy for children. When you are older and stronger, you can bear it. For now you must trust me to carry it for you." — Corrie Ten Boom (The Hiding Place)
While sometimes when I read in God’s word, I find myself not understanding some things! I want to trust Him, because I love Him with all of my heart! After reading this above, I realized… God is saying to me... “it would be a pretty poor father who would ask his little girl to carry such a load. It's the same way, Kelli, with knowledge. Some knowledge is too heavy for children. When you are older and stronger, you can bear it. For now you must trust me to carry it for you."
I am still a little girl in Christ, I was born again and I have been learning and still have to learn God’s ways just like a girl has to learn things as she grows up. I must trust God to carry it for me as I come to points I don't understand I realize, maybe, just maybe, what ever it is I don’t understand, is to heavy for me to carry right now. I have, throughout my relationship with God, have had to ask Him on many, many occasions …. Please help me trust You right now!! I must let Him carry what I don’t know or understand, for me, and trust Him. I am and will be strengthened and grow up more (in Christ –likeness) as I continue to trust Him (and obey!)
As your faith is strengthened you will find that there is no longer the need to have a sense of control, that things will flow as they will, and that you will flow with them, to your great delight and benefit. ~Emmanuel
As far as Corrie Ten Boom....

Who am I to be ungrateful for the situations that I go through when I know this precious woman went through far more horrendous circumstances than I ever have! God has used her greatly for me....
She and her sister, Betsy, were in a concentration camp and were treated badly, they lost their dad there, yet Ms. Ten Boom could still quote....
"There is no pit so deep, that God's love is not deeper still." — Corrie Ten Boom
After she got out, years later she quotes..
"Even as the angry vengeful thoughts boiled through me, I saw the sin of them. Jesus Christ had died for this man; was I going to ask for more? Lord Jesus, I prayed, forgive me and help me to forgive him....Jesus, I cannot forgive him. Give me your forgiveness....And so I discovered that it is not on our forgiveness any more than on our goodness that the world's healing hinges, but on His. When He tells us to love our enemies, He gives along with the command, the LOVE itself." — Corrie Ten Boom
"(on forgiveness) Didn't he and I stand together before an all seeing God convicted of the same murder? For I had murdered him with my heart and my tongue."
— Corrie Ten Boom (The Hiding Place)
“Forgiveness is an act of the will, and the will can function regardless of the temperature of the heart.” - Corrie Ten Boom
Corrie quotes her sister Betsy..."no hatred"! Wow! Through all of that and it is because of their love and devotion to Christ that His likeness became so evident in them. In Christ we are a new creation, we are in a process of being made new. It is through Christ that we do become more loving and forgiving!
I thank God so much, for the love and devotion they had toward Christ!
God's love is so great!
I love to read things by people that God, through Christ, were glorified in!
He who has faith has an inward reservoir of courage, hope, calmness, and assuring trust that God is in control - even though to the world it may appear bad or hopeless, He, through Christ, gives us the strength to endure, don't you think?
Sometimes faith and doubt both are needed - not as antagonists, but with our doubting nature and Faith in God, through Christ, it helps us know, side by side, God's love and power.... {Not that God wants us to doubt, it is in our sin nature that we do}..
God uses... our faith in Him, through Christ and doubt our flesh/fear to help us trust Him to take us around the unknown curve. Then, as we go through with hanging on to Him (through that fear), trusting and obeying, He can prove Himself trustworthy and does!
O' how I bless His name... O' how I love Him so!
You can read more about Corrie Ten Boom on http://www.soon.org.uk/true_stories/holocaust.htm

No comments:
Post a Comment